Friday 11 October 2024

Me

You may be wondering where I’ve been for the last few days. Well, let me say it hasn’t been great. I picked up a stomach bug on Monday and in between trying to vomit, alternately shivering and sweating, and sitting on the loo, I managed to get to see the doctor on Wednesday when I didn’t seem to be getting better quickly. I got an appointment in two hours (Well done to Selby NHS) and was given a thorough examination by a very nice doctor (30 minutes at least) and now I’m on antibiotics and other stuff. I’m not right but I think I’ve started to turn the corner. Yesterday evening marked the third day that I've eaten barely anything solid and I wasn’t that hungry! 

I had a blood test yesterday and the doctor called me late last night (missed) and again earlier this morning and seemed worried about one of the results.

So it's back to the surgery again this morning!

You can criticise the NHS for many things but who else would worry about you more than you do yourself!!

 Normal service will be back as soon as possible.